Friday, September 19, 2008

Family prayer....


Miranda and I made a very exciting discovery the other day when we walked out our back door and opened the gate to the backyard. This praying mantis was perched on the gate looking at us intently. I've been wanting to have some praying mantis's in the yard so this was a really neat find. Wunchie was sufficiently impressed.....it was pretty funny when we opened the gate later and I found the mantis positioned right above the latch looking down at my hand...it was almost as if he was lying in wait for somebody.......funny.....

2 comments:

lara said...

we had one on our window staring at us while we ate dinner tonight:) love the blog miranda!

Anonymous said...

They are totally fascinating! I don't think we have them this far north...

And I love the new blog! That banner picture of her is amazing... She looks so OLD!